<DEL> key is sending an extra char when NumLock is ON

penna at bb.com.br penna at bb.com.br
Fri Jan 27 15:21:37 CST 2006

Hi,

        I was looking at an old problem I have with wine and saw some
record at the wine-devel and wine-users lists that I think are related
with the same problem. Look at:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2004.03.txt  (look for "get a
comma on the place" in your browser) and also at:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2000.10.txt  (look for "but
then it inserts" in your browser)

        When the NumLock is ON wine is sending an extra key. Wine deletes
the corresponding char but also send a period (.) or a comma (,) <- it
depends on the type of the keyboard. In my case, which is a brazilian
ABNT2, it sends an extra comma _only_ if the NumLock is ON. It does not
mater if I press the <del> key at the numeric key pad or at the "island"
        I am going to open a bug at bugzilla and send the WINEDEBUG=+key
(just the piece where the stuff happens).

wine=0.9.6 for Mandriva 2006 pre-built by Ivan
keyboard=brazilian abnt2

Thanks.