setupapi: unimplemented function setupapi.dll.SetupPromptReboot

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sat Jan 28 04:24:29 CST 2006

* On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, James Hawkins wrote:
> * On 1/27/06, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> >
> > James, I wasn't asking about how should I hack on unimplemented
> > function. My interest is focused on work of another guys, which is
> > done already. :)
>
> I based the assumption on your statement, "I stuck upon this function
> right now."

Yeah, I mean my debugging process has been halted due to a stubbiness (not
due to lack of devel-instructions).

> You said you were stuck, so I offered suggestions on how to move
> forward.

OK, next time I will declare I have read the Wine Developers Guide and
have been following wine-devel list for a two years already. ;-)

> I looked at the ReactOS implementation and saw that it was #ifdefined
> out, so I also assumed that wasn't code we should be porting back to
> Wine.  Steven's comments verify this.

Do they?  Steven talks about ReactOS, not about Wine.  I think Wines
ExitWindowsEx() is doing fine for Wine needs.  Then we can simply remove
#if 0 and be fine.  No?

> > BTW, how would you ensure that the testing of this function succeeds
> > if you pass the flag to it which reboots the machine and probably
> > kills the test-process? ;-)
>
> I was suggesting you write tests for your own testing, not adding unit
> tests to Wine's test suite,

OK, now I get you, thanks. :)

> You won't be able to test a successful reboot in Wine's test suite, but
> you can test it with your personal tests.

I think we still should able to test the reboot, only that this requires
new functionality to be added to winetest*.exe application:  winetest
should be able to interrupt its execution, then it should resume it after
the reboot.  IMHO that's not impossible.