setupapi: unimplemented function setupapi.dll.SetupPromptReboot

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:27:43 CST 2006

On 1/28/06, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:

> > I looked at the ReactOS implementation and saw that it was #ifdefined
> > out, so I also assumed that wasn't code we should be porting back to
> > Wine.  Steven's comments verify this.
>
> Do they?  Steven talks about ReactOS, not about Wine.

If you really want to know if it's OK to copy it from ReactOS into
Wine, ask Steven specifically.  Otherwise you can try it out and see
if it works.

> Then we can simply remove #if 0 and be fine.  No?

No, you'd have to add the string resources for the shutdown message.
You'd also have to add handling for the FileQueue parameter because
it's missing in ReactOS.

> I think we still should able to test the reboot, only that this requires
> new functionality to be added to winetest*.exe application:  winetest
> should be able to interrupt its execution, then it should resume it after
> the reboot.  IMHO that's not impossible.

If there's enough demand for that functionality, then eventually
someone would implement it, though in the case of SetupPromptReboot
there are enough ways to test the function without rebooting that
reboot testing functionality would be extraneous.

A simple way to implement such a feature without having to change the
test framework is like so:

1) Add the current test executable to the RunOnce key.
2) Create a test-specific reg value, say DidReboot, that is set to 1
if we reboot.
3) Before calling the function to actually reboot, check the DidReboot
value.  If it's 1, set it to 0 and skip the reboot call, else set the
value to 1 and reboot.

--
James Hawkins