[frick <at> sc-networks.de: wined3d: support for WINED3D_A8B8G8R8]

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:12:40 CST 2006

Christoph Frick <frick <at> sc-networks.de> writes:

> hiho,
>
> could someone enlighten me, what is wrong with that patch?

I don't know the real reason, but from looking at it I have the following
concerns.  Have you tested the colour output from your patch?  I'm guessing it
wouldn't output the correct colours due to OpenGL not having default support for
ABGR textures, and the formats you specify are not quite right to accomplish it.
 You should probably check for the GL_EXT_abgr extension and use the GL_ABGR_EXT
format type to get correct output.

Here's some references for you:
http://www.opengl.org/resources/code/glut/glut_examples/examples/abgr.c
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/EXT/abgr.txt