wined3d: Fixed render states

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 08:39:29 CST 2006

On 31/01/06, Vitaly Budovski <vbudovsk at cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
> H. Verbeet wrote:
> > On 31/01/06, Vitaly Budovski <vbudovsk at cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> >> wined3d: Fixed up render states
> >>
> > You probably want to split the patch up in smaller pieces.
> >
> How would I do this?
The changes to eg. EDGEANTIALIAS and POINTSPRITENABLE don't depend on
eachother, and aren't really related, except for both of them being
renderstates, so you could probably split those changes up into
separate patches.

> > Same problem as with your patch for d3d8, wined3d doesn't currently
> > check for ARB_POINT_PARAMETERS support (in IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps).
> >
> Will be submitted as a separate patch. Falls back to the EXT version for
> now.
I think it is preferrable to check in working code as much as
possible. Although it doesn't directly break stuff, it would probably
be best to submit the checks for ARB_POINT_PARAMETERS support before
trying to use it.

> >> -                /* Doesn't work with GL_POINT_SMOOTH on on my ATI 9600, but then ATI drivers are buggered! */
> >> -                glDisable(GL_POINT_SMOOTH);
> >>
> > Did you verify that this isn't required anymore? Otherwise that's a
> > potential regression.
> >
> This seems to be a bug with (some?) ATI hardware/drivers.
> Point smoothing should normally be supported I believe.
Well yes, but I doubt we want to break stuff that was previously working.