dx9 and shaders

Coleman Kane ckane at intellitree.com
Tue Jan 31 14:38:48 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 21:26 +0100, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> There's some initial shader stuff in wine but not sure how well it works. I
> don't know what the status on it is as we haven't heard anything from the guy
> who was working on this. He was also working on moving the d3d8 code over to
> wined3d. If you have time to help out, all help is usefull :)
> One of the usefull things to do before starting to hack on shaders is to
> finish the d3d8/d3d9 merge as both can then share the same shader code.
>
> Roderick
>

> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 20:37, Coleman Kane wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the status on Shader support for DX9 in the latest WINE cvs, and
> > the future projections of support in this area?
> >
> > I am working on a transition project, and am curious how far off support
> > for this is in the WINE project, and perhaps where work needs to be
> > done. Are there any people organizing this effort here?
> >
> > --
> > Coleman Kane

Is there a TODO or similar documentation on D3D8 & 9 for Wine? I don't
necessarily have much background in DirectX. Last time I used it was
when DirectX 3.0 was brand spanking new and was all the rave. I'm
willing to work, but don't know where to start and am limited on time
available to search for it. If someone has already begun some
organization of this, like a hit-list or something, that would be quite
helpful.

Also, does anybody know what the status is compared to WineX/Cedega? Do
they have a more fully featured shader implementation? What's there
status/policy on porting back to Wine?

Any work that I do will fall right back in the Wine repo.

--
Coleman Kane