Link or rename wcmd.exe to cmd.exe?

Chris chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 03:36:00 CDT 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 01:01, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Yes, I think it should be renamed to cmd.exe, at this point it's
> supposed to be a complete replacement.

Not sure if this is the best place to bring this up, but I'm not sure
it's "ready". The problem is it runs through the terminal the Wine was exec'd
from. When Wine is run from the desktop manager's menu, or started in the
background (eg. wine foo.exe &), if wcmd is subsequently exec'd, it will
become completely unuseable since it has no input, and potentially no output,
terminal. It then has to be killed through the kill or killall command.

To be "ready", wouldn't it need to open up its own terminal window for input
and output in Wine's desktop space (eg. the virtual desktop if it's in use,
or the standard desktop)? It doesn't really feel like a Windows application
since it relies on the currently running terminal.