Any chances to get some feedback on latests mswsock patch?

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 1 09:34:26 CDT 2006

Hi Lukasz, you probably didn't notice that most patches didn't get through this week.  There were several other rather large series sent, in addition to the usual traffic.  My guess is Alexandre only had time for the easy ones this week.

Your patches looked pretty good.  The only suggestion I'd make with the documentation patch is not to say things that aren't true yet.  The notes about the implementation won't be correct until the implementation patch is applied, and you shouldn't count on that.  In particular,

- * TODO
- *  This function is currently implemented as a stub.perhaps leave this as-is..
+ * BUGS
+ *      lpOverlapped->OffsetHigh  is not supported.
+ *      limited to ULONG files size (see above)
+ *      doesn't support TF_REUSE_SOCKET
+ *      doesn't support async IO. Note: some of it is simulated via lpOverlapped.
and omit this until the implemenation patch.

Cheers,
--Juan