[WINED3D 2] Allow mix of SW vertex and GLSL pixel shader.

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 03:11:12 CDT 2006

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 04/07/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do not attach non-GLSL shaders to the GLSL program, that will cause a
>> crash. Mix with ARB shaders is never going to happen, because the
>> selection code will always choose GLSL for both or ARB for both.
> As mentioned on IRC, I'm not sure using a software vertex shader with
> a hardware pixel shader is particularly usefull.
Well, this might be true, but that's no reason to disallow it - it's
still a little useful...  and we need to test vertex shaders first,
before we get to pixel shaders.
Implementing software pixel shaders is significantly more difficult
(because it requires rasterizer, and the speed issue is much more
important).