wine and serial port - again

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 5 03:49:47 CDT 2006

    Pavel> Hi!  From time to time, complaints can be heard about
    Pavel> functionality of the serial port implementation in wine. Just now
    Pavel> I have one of examples of the serial communication problem.
    Pavel> There is a very simple program, called ft or softjump, intended
    Pavel> My Linux variant is attached to this mail.  Sorry for the lengthy
    Pavel> mail, but I hope that it can really help to improve the serial
    Pavel> communication support in wine.  With regards, Pavel Troller

Pavel,

do you have a scope? Can you look what physically happens on the serial
line? Does the program via wine actually write out the challange? Does the
the device react to the challange? Whats the delay between challange and
response?

I suspect something with our wait implementation to go wrong. The program
immediate does a read after the write, and doesn't repeat the read if 0
characters are read. So if the device reacts slow, the read will be to
early.

Can you try to put a Sleep() between the Readfile() and the Writefile() in
the windows program?

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de