wine's fullscreen code has no effect on metacity

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 20:32:01 CDT 2006

> I do not know if this helps, but on some games, Wine correctly activates
> fullscreen mode in metacity, but in others, it just resizes the screen and
> gets stuck that way... For example, Sim City 3000. Ubuntu Breezy and Fedora
> Core 5 cannot seem to properly go into fullscreen mode. But when running
> Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? metacity properly activates fullscreen
> mode with it. Same thing with ClueFinders, etc.
It may help. Unless someone else tries this before me, I'll have to
try a demo of this game.

Or maybe not. I think I've seen Worms 3D use fullscreen mode properly
before Wine ever had that implemented. It might just mean that opengl
provides another (but for some reason more compatible with metacity)
method for making windows fullscreen.

--
Vincent Povirk