Link or rename wcmd.exe to cmd.exe?

Thomas Kho tkho at ucla.edu
Thu Jul 6 16:45:47 CDT 2006

On 7/1/06, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> "Thomas Kho" <tkho at ucla.edu> writes:
>
> > I'm currently looking into what would be required for something like a
> > symlink to wcmd.exe, but at the same time I'm wondering the historical
> > reasons for choosing 'wcmd' and if it should be changed to just 'cmd'.
>
> Yes, I think it should be renamed to cmd.exe, at this point it's
> supposed to be a complete replacement.

It's a ~500k patch to rename programs/wcmd to programs/cmd so I want
to get this as right as possible prior to submitting a patch. How much
of wcmd's identity should remain? That is--should it be a wholesale
s/wcmd/cmd or should wcmd keep the name wcmd with just the executable
name changed?

Thomas Kho