GDI: SetDiBits uses hdc with DIB_RGB_COLORS (Notes Client problem)

Stefan Siebert stefan.siebert at web.de
Mon Jul 10 03:26:26 CDT 2006

Hello,

I've tracked a bug on the Notes Client. It is related to Lotus Notes
workspace, which shows the database symbols and their icons.
Up to Wine 0.909 the icons were colored correctly. From 0.910 on the icons
are black (seems that just the BitBlt mask is shown only).
I found the patch for that behaviour - 'gdi: Better support for 1bpp dib
sections'.
A deeper look into wine revealed that the hdc parameter on SetDiBits is
always used to get the color depth.
Before the mentioned patch, parameters to the winex11drv functions for the
related physDev were set to NULL for DIB_RGB_COLORS.
An easy but not really clean way would be to just create a new hdc for the
DISPLAY in SetDiBits for DIB_RGB_COLORS and use this instead.

My question is if anyone has an idea how to get this correctly
implemented.