0.9.17 and other issues

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 05:31:20 CDT 2006

> By all respect of all the hard work the developers make all day. But
> to see the changes in 0.9.17 makes me really angry. Is everybody
> developing for the gamers?
Actually I would say that the majority of developers are working on
features not directly related to games.
>   Whats the focus of the wine development? I know thats cool
> developing gaming features but THAT CANNOT BE THE GOAL!!!!!
An open source project doesn't have "the goal" - it has many goals that
suit the various parties contributing to development.
There's no reason why work can't be done to make business applications
and games work at the same time.
If you have a strong interest/need to make business apps run, I'd
suggest you hire developer(s) to work on the project.
> In the offices I support  as admin/sys engineer, we are all waiting
> for wine becomes stable enough to get the business apps running to
> switch to linux completely. But all I can see is that all the bugs are
> already there from release to release!
I'm sure additional contributors are welcome :)
>  Nobody wants run games.
You're wrong - that's my primary reason for using wine (and my focus of
development).
Therefore at least one person wants to run games.