AW: 0.9.17 and other issues

Roland Kaeser roli8200 at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 11 07:50:40 CDT 2006

>the goal is to implement the win32 APIs on top of unix. this does
>neither exclude the gamers nor the "appers".
No that wasn't my idea. But remember the mission: Bring the people to Linux!  It's just a matter of priorization. What brings more people to linux?  You have right: The business apps. So what's more important?

>so why not support that efford by donating some of your time or money
>(e.g. your employers) to fix the problems? recently there where the
>auditions for the summer of code - why not advocate then to make things
>better? why not try crossover's wine?
Sorry, I can just program Java but no C nor C++. And my salery is just enough to life. But as soon crossover supports  my core required business apps I will surely buy one and will strongly recommend my circly of friends to do the same. Its also my opinion to support crossover for their work. But does it makes sense to buy a software which would currently be usesless for me?

>you have many options - but instead you have chosen to whine to a list
>of developers that spend their free time to improve the things they have
>problems with; what do you think this will help?
My most other freetime goes also into opensource projects or projects which promotes opensource (such as the yearly linux installation parties). It wasn't my intent to "whine" on the list but sometimes it required to give the people a soft kick in ass.