Iprovements around conventional CD protections....

Plamen Hristov plamen_h_x at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 04:56:42 CDT 2006

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel <at> kievinfo.com> writes:

> Ok so what is the problem here? Wine properly behaves when used with real
> CD-ROM. And you get different results when you using HDD as the emulated
> drive.
>
> Vitaliy

Not precisely.At least error type is incorect (I/O 19) with real CD-ROM.
Here is the toy http://rapidshare.de/files/25616451/Q2Project.zip.html  .

It is not just CD emulation ,although it will be nice to implement.
But currently ,there is no comment that it work only with CD drives.
Another example - I can not change drive settings in winecfg ,when CD is removed
(wine 0.9.16). There is no warning that settings isn't saved.
Fixing this things will make wine more user friendly and eventually save some
investigation times.