wine and ipod/itunes

Shaya Potter spotter at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:04:47 CDT 2006

does anyone know how wine (or at least crossover) enables itunes to work
w/ an ipod that is mounted in userspace?  I've been reading the cxipod
script, and don't quite understand it (seems to do some registry mucking).

Is this modified wine dll's that are ipodservice.exe aware?  The reason
I ask is not wine related, but I'm trying to do a similiar thing in a
VM, where I mount the ipod music partition as a drive (can't use it over
USB as VM is stored on the ipod (separate partition) as well).  Some
iPod utilities (like anapod and ephod) work fine in this mode.  However,
iTunes does not, so want to see if I can trick iTunes into viewing the
iPod "drive" as an iPod and then willing to sync music to it.

Anyways, as I'm not on wine-devel, I'd appreciate being cc'd on responses.

thanks,

shaya