bugzilla admin

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 19:22:15 CDT 2006

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tony Lambregts schrieb:
>
>> Even with a new bugzilla you cannot do this yourself. Bah!
>>
>> Only an administrator can change a users login name (email). If you want
>> I can change it for you.  just send me an email with what you want it
>> changed from andwhat you want it changed to.
>>

> Depends how new. It was introduced in Bugzilla 2.16 released on 28th
> July 2002. (Current Bugzilla version is 2.22 of 22 April 2006.)
>
> I think Wine's Bugzilla is newer than 2.16 and should thus have this
> option, but maybe the templates are not correct?
> I'd like to have tested http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi before
> writting this email, but 209.32.141.3 seems to be dead.
>
> userprefs.cgi should show something like:
>

> Account Preferences
>
> Please enter your existing password to confirm account changes.
> Password:
> --------------------------
> New password:
> Re-enter new password:
> Your real name (optional, but encouraged):
> New email address:  <<<< blink >>>>
> [Submit Changes]

OK I was wrong. There is an administrative option, that was turned off
by default,  that allows people to change their email address to another
valid email address.

<quote>
allowemailchange: Users can change their own email address through the
preferences. Note that the change is validated by emailing both
addresses, so switching this option on will not let users use an invalid
address.
</quote>

You can now change you email address yourself.

http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi

--

Tony Lambregts