ntdll: enable CreateRemoteThread and RtlCreateUserThread for remote processes

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sun Jul 16 10:38:09 CDT 2006

On 7/16/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I'd rather not take the chance of doing anything that messes with the
> poor thread we're hijacking.    Hmm... http://lwn.net/Articles/7577/ makes
> me think that converting a linux thread to a win32 thread might
> require initializing the thread's TLS area.  We'll look at that a bit.

Basically everything along the Wine CreateThread codepath .... setting
up a server connection, registering it with the server, initializing
the TEB, signal setup, synchronizing the Wine VM list with the Linux
VM list, allocating a guard page, doing thread attach notifications
and finally calling the entrypoint inside a SEH backstop handler.

Quite a lot of work, really, so I think it's easier to create the
thread from another Wine thread somehow.

thanks -mike