Printing to a file

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 16 17:46:17 CDT 2006

Currently, using the Wine supplied print dialog, printing to a file
results in a file named "FILE:". In Windows (at least Win2k) a simple
one line dialog box is put up where the filename can be typed in. I
don't see a reason why a full Save As dialog would not be preferable;
some programs override the standard dialog with a full Save As dialog.

It looks to me like the correct place to do this is in gdi/printdrv.c
CreateSpoolFile(). So I have tried adding the attached patch to the
function to play with, adding comdlg32 to the libraries in the makefile.
But the call to GetSaveFileNameW(&ofn) crashes. I guess the first
question is whether it is ok to call that from printdrv. And if so, is
there an example of how to do it correctly?