winnt32.exe on AMD64

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:38:17 CDT 2006

Hi,

On 7/19/06, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> It's more than just 3 low level dlls. It's also all the Wine dlls that
> use native libraries like opengl, cups, sane, lcms, and of course, Alsa,
> OSS, NAS, aRts, etc.

Hmm the ones I can name off the top of my head that dlsym a native
*nix lib I think are
capi32, gdi32, user32, winex11.drv, winmm, all the gl/directx stuff,
wldap32, winspool and winmm I guess that also means you would need two
copies of libwine.dll one that was PE and one that was ELF.

If someone REALLY needs a PE build of Wine dlls for a app (I know
there are some stupid ones that really check) then we need to fix the
documentation. There is no easy way to do it as your talking about
multiple configs. It would require adding a rule to the build system
to allow them to give the path to mingw, support another config.h for
that target, maintain the list of exceptions that don't build and or
have it do a "make -k" after its installed the normal Wine ELF files
and copy whatever built rather than having to maintain a huge list of
exceptions in the build system. The current system of keeping two
trees just works better the only difference is all of those steps are
manually now.

Perhaps we could add a script to wine/tools or something to make it
less trouble if someone needs to build a set of PE dlls for a stupid
app....

--
Steven Edwards