Winlib - Active Scripting

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Jul 19 13:41:49 CDT 2006

Hi Luc,
I know of no issues (other than that this would restrict you to running on x86,
but perhaps that's not an issue for you).
I don't think anyone's done it before, but I could be wrong.

Incidentally, if you're sticking with x86 only, you should consider
just shipping your Windows .exe unchanged, and using Wine instead
of Winelib.  It works just as well, and it's a lot easier.
That's what was done for Picasa.

If you haven't already seen it, you might want to look at my
Wine for Windows ISVs page, http://kegel.com/wine/isv

I expect you'll run into some issues when testing your Windows
executable on Linux with Wine.  When you do, I'd be glad to try to help
resolve them (though I might need you to send me a copy of the
software so I can reproduce the trouble locally).
- Dan