KDE wineconfig module & audio

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jul 21 01:11:20 CDT 2006

On 7/20/06, Yuriy <yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm creating a KDE guidance module for wine.  I'm stuck on something.
> winecfg tries to open each audio driver to get a list of available
> drivers.  So far, I've just put in the list of all possible drivers,
> but I want to get a list consistent with winecfg.  I don't know how to
> go about testing which drivers are available.  I'm using regedit for
> settings, so I'm not linking to wine so I can't just use the
> function(s) provided in wine.

How about adding a commandline option to wine's winecfg?
e.g.
   winecfg /audio /list
?  That way even if Wine changes, you'll get the right answer still.

> Also, I'd like to put in a button to test if sound is working.  Is
> there any software included in wine to play a wav?  It needs to be
> something that would be installed by default when wine is installed,
> rather than something that's just in the source like the tests in
> winmm.

That's a very good question.  In Windows, you can do this with
  sndrec32 /play /close "filename.wav"
See
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc/msg/07dc78298813d0a0
Looks like sndrec32 allows either - or / as the option separator:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc/msg/95b629a48e8a6de7
Wine doesn't have an app like this yet, but it ought to.
It'd be easy to write a first cut.
- Dan