Drive mapping of Z:

schollsky at arcor.de schollsky at arcor.de
Sun Jul 23 09:28:09 CDT 2006

Dear friends and developers of WINE,

I've been using your application now for some time, and it works quite well yet. However, I found the mapping of Drive Z: to root, which seems a bit strange to me. I've also read some of your discussion on this topic, too. Personally, I'd consider this a maybe issue of security. Nowadays Linux users don't care as much about security as server admins would do. Alas, Linux being a multi-user system by tradition should take care of "normal" home desktop users trying to migrate from proprietary realms.

It would help a lot if WINE would do a more secure installation by default, but this is only my 2p.

(Maybe it's possible just to leave out the Z: mapping?)

Kind regards,

schollsky