Recent problems with shdocvw

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Wed Jul 26 13:50:15 CDT 2006

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Ever since replacement of Mozilla Active X control with new gecko.
> And shift of attention to mshtml we have lots of programs that still
> need shdocvw break.
>
> Is this a temporary or intentional? Could author look at related bugs
> on bugzilla?

I have looked at bugzilla. There is one regression (bug 5630) that needs
more widl improvements to work. I have done some work on widl that will
help it some time ago, but I've never had time to finish it.

A few other reports are quite old and probably they are fixed now.

Also although it's true that my attention is on mshtml ATM, but, to fix
some bugs, we really need to fix MSHTML, not shdocvw. Eg. bug 5726 needs
improvements in MSHTML. It works a bit better in my tree as it needs the
area I'm working on.

If I've messed something, feel free to assign bugs to me.

Thanks,
    Jacek