Recent problems with shdocvw

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Thu Jul 27 13:39:45 CDT 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 7/26/06, Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> I have looked at bugzilla. There is one regression (bug 5630) that needs
>> more widl improvements to work. I have done some work on widl that will
>> help it some time ago, but I've never had time to finish it.
>
> Dan Hipschman is focused on widl improvements,
> perhaps he can work on it.  Do you have any notes to send him?
I've just looked at the code in my tree and most of my work on widl is a
mess ATM, but there are a few simple patches ready to send. It's
possible to compile shdocvw typelib, although it's quite not correct.
The main problem is that widl creates too many typeinfos for typedefs of
structures and unions. That's because there should be only one typeinfo,
not one for struct or union and one for typedef. There are also many
other issues. It's easy to find them writing tests and comparing result
of midl and widl. Anyways currently comiled typelib is enough for
WebBrowser implementation so I'll send patches that will add it.

Jacek