Printing to a file

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sun Jul 30 08:05:28 CDT 2006

Duane Clark wrote:
> Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> >
> > My direction to fix printing in wine is from low-level to high-level.
> > Print-Monitors are already managed in git-HEAD, and they are loaded and
> > used in my tree (Port-Functions).
> > Afterwards, the Printer-Functions will be updated and then
> > "gdi.exe" (16-Bit) is no longer required for printing.
>
> Ok, I'll leave this part alone for awhile then.

No need to leave alone. You are very Welcome to Help.

Updating the current Dialog in winspool.drv might be an Idea or find the
locations, where gdi.exe / gdi32.dll should call winspool.drv and what
need to be fixed to get that part working.

Another big Part is the w2k - Printing-Dialog (comdlg32.dll,PrintDlgEx).

I send a proposed Patch to wine-devel, that uses the Monitors to manage
the Ports:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-July/049895.html

Feel free to test and comment.

Thanks for your Help about Printing in wine.

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef