wine notepad.exe: Segmentation fault

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 00:19:04 CDT 2006

> > The only thing I can think of that might have happened (other than a
> > Wine bug) is GCC or GLIBC being upgraded by 'emerge world'.  GCC
> > --version says "gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 (Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0,
> > pie-8.7.8)", while ls /lib/libc* says "libc-2.3.6.so".
>
> Perhaps you can revert to 0.9.15 and rebuild with your newer gcc and
> glibc to see if those are causing the problem.

Good idea, just did that.
That seems to work fine, so GCC / glibc is not the problem.

(I found that Portage doesn't activate the new GCC, it only installs
it.  So the only actual upgrade was to glibc, and that was a minor
bump from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 according to the install log..  Anyway.)

> If not, git-bisect should help you find the offending changeset.

Doing that just now, thanks.
(Takes forever, I wonder if "make clean" at each step is really necessary..)