winspool/tests: [1/3] Tests for GetPrintProcessorDirectory

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Thu Jun 1 13:26:37 CDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 01.06.2006, 11:15 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> writes:
>
> > +    SetLastError(0xdeadbeef);
> > +    res = GetPrintProcessorDirectoryA(NULL, NULL, 1, NULL, 0, &cbBuf);
> > +    if(!res && ( (GetLastError() == ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) ||
> > +                 (GetLastError() == 0xdeadbeef) )) {
> > +        trace("Not implemented yet\n");
> > +        return;
> > +    }
>
> Unless there really is a Windows version that fails here, this test is
> wrong. Things that are not implemented yet in Wine should be marked
> with todo_wine, not ignored.

Our current stub is just a FIXME, followed by "return 0".
The missing "SetLastError()" is detected by
"GetLastError() == 0xdeadbeef"

I see no reason to run the rest of the tests for our stub or add a
"SetLastError(ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)", that needs to be removed by
the next Patch.

ReactOS has SetLastError(ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) in every stub.

I want to be nice to make it easy for them to reuse our tests.
They got an SoC-Project for the Spooler, so the lifetime for this
test will be about half a Year up to the maximum of a Year.

I can document in the wiki or in the Source the location for such Code,
that is not needed for Wine any longer but temporary still in Wine to
allow ReactOS to reuse our Code more effective.

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef