wine problems on a 64bit system

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Jun 1 17:28:05 CDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Yes, I'm afraid we'll have to do that by default, there are too many
> broken binaries out there.

I think we've only seen a couple of such reports so far .... given
that the exec bit was never enforced before now it wouldn't be
surprising if there are lots of buggy apps out there but we don't seem
to be seeing them yet.

Perhaps for NX capable systems it could be an appdefault? The security
enhancement it gives would be nice to have at least as an option for
power users (yeah yeah I know, another pref ...)

thanks -mike