[Darwine] RFC - wine-macos mailing list

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jun 2 02:24:54 CDT 2006

Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> writes:

> My driving concern is that I think we need to welcome the Mac
> community to the Wine Project and do all that we can to
> enable the Mac developers and users to use mainstream Wine resources.
> I don't think anyone wants www.winehq.org to be perceived as
> a 'Linux only' environment.  (Although I do see that www.winehq.org
> doesn't list Mac OS X...hmmm).

I think creating a separate list for Mac is only going to reinforce
that impression, which is just the opposite of what we want. Mac users
should be considered first-class citizens just like Linux users, and
we must make it clear that they are welcome on our standard mailing
lists. If at some point there's too much traffic on wine-users we can
split it, but we are not there yet.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org