Wine 1.0 tasks: installers

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri Jun 2 09:30:44 CDT 2006

James Hawkins and I think we should come up with a list
of installers that need to run before we release Wine 1.0.

Looking at
I made a list biased towards freely downloadable apps, programming tools,
things Munich wants, stuff that has been passionately discussed of
late (e.g. America's Army), educational apps, and anything that smacks
of long-unfinished
business.  Here's what I ended up with: ActiveState python msi (see 5237?) .NET framework 2.0 QuickTest Pro J2SE 1.5 MinGW installer stalls Oregon Trail 5 wants DX8 Oracle client library (munich) spss demo (munich) java plugin Kidspiration install window hidden? wsh (and ActiveState perl msi) google earth art2kmin.exe (munich, UK EPBD-NCM) VB6 / VC++6 installers fail early

Some of those might already be fixed, hopefull we can just close out a couple.
And a couple might be too hard for 1.0 (.net, say), it's ok to defer them to
1.1 later if we have to.

Ideally we'd also have cxtest scripts for all of these installers, so
can use them to validate new releases.

How's that sound?
- Dan