Feedback requested for Mac OSX x86 stack patch

Nick Burns adger44 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 23:56:39 CDT 2006

Thanks for the feedback... I look forward to windows apps not dieing a
horrible death on Mac OSX

I was concerned about msvcrt not using the __stdcall/WINAPI for its
functions (why is this?).

I am guessing the d3d8/d3d9 redefinitions should be removed?

Where can I find a list of (or affect the attribs of) windows callable
functions.
I thought WINAPI and WINAPIV were sufficent -- If they are not more
functions will need to be 'fixed'.

>From: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>
>Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:21:01 +0200
>
>"Nick Burns" <adger44 at hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > (notes are at the top of the patch)
> >
> > I would like some feedback on my stack fix patch
> >
> > I do not know how it interacts with linux -- no access to a linux box
> > This has been confirmed to fix numerous app issues (due to stack
>alignment)
> >
> > I am starting to think it would be better to have these options
> > configured at config time
> > -- e.g.
> >  If Mac OSX x86 -- then use mstackrealign + force_align_arg_pointer
> >
> > Any ideas/thoughts?
>
>It looks OK, but it will clearly need some cleaning up. The msvcrt
>part should be done with function attributes too. The d3d8/d3d9
>redefinitions are probably no longer necessary and should be
>removed. Also there are a number of functions that use __stdcall
>instead of WINAPI, these would need to be changed.
>
>--
>Alexandre Julliard
>julliard at winehq.org

- Nick