Feedback requested for Mac OSX x86 stack patch

Nick Burns adger44 at
Tue Jun 6 12:59:54 CDT 2006

Ok so that makes more sense about MSVCRT -- but if it is using cdecl -- 
shouldnt that use WINAPIV?
I did not see anything forcing a cdecl calling convention (other than the 
spec file). And I dunno how to modify the spec file to add in more attribs.

I have not used winapi_check before -- I can check that then.

So, should I finish this patch (e.g. catch every single callable function 
and put the attrib on it)
Or, should I send the simple 99% patch first for WINAPI/WINAPIV (removing 
meaningless redefs) -- I would probably ignore msvcrt for the first patch
(I dunno when I will have time to reform msvcrt for a full patch)

>Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:14:47 +0200
>"Nick Burns" <adger44 at> writes:
> > I was concerned about msvcrt not using the __stdcall/WINAPI for its
> > functions (why is this?).
>Most msvcrt functions use the cdecl calling convention, not stdcall.
> > Where can I find a list of (or affect the attribs of) windows callable
> > functions.
> > I thought WINAPI and WINAPIV were sufficent -- If they are not more
> > functions will need to be 'fixed'.
>They should be 99% sufficient, but of course the remaining 1% will be
>fun to chase down. There's no complete list, though maybe winapi_check
>could be used to verify these things, at least for functions exported
>from the spec files.
>Alexandre Julliard
>julliard at

- Nick

More information about the wine-devel mailing list