Linux noob

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:47:05 CDT 2006

Neil Skrypuch wrote:
> I can't say I've ever seen that. What apps in particular?

Can't remember offhand.
I was annoyed enough by it to create the symlink at one point.

> Both the standard Qt open file dialog and the Gtk open file dialog work fine
> with . directories for me, which doesn't leave many apps that could not
> work.

No, that's not true..  The behaviour of the dialogs depend on the app somehow.

AFAIR, I've seen Qt dialogs activate the .wine folder as a selection
or cancel the dialog instead of descending into it, and Gtk dialogs
completely unable to display hidden folders.  But I've also seen that
some Qt apps work fine.

Sorry I can't provide any more details, it's not like I make a habit
of remembering this stuff :-).

(... And it still wasn't my main point, either ;-).)