[Wine] Re: Linux noob

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Wed Jun 7 07:25:12 CDT 2006

Molle Bestefich wrote:
> Peter Beutner wrote:
>> Because it is the defacto standard to store settings
>> under ~/.<appname>.
>
> Only for stuff that's thought to be generally uninteresting.
well, speaking of system.reg, user.reg and dosdevices/, I think they
are "generally uninteresting".
And if you mangle with them you rather want to use regedit/winecfg,
than editing them by hand. So making them hidden by default is imho
fine.(and there is still WINEPREFIX if you don't like it ;) )

The other thing is the default location for drive C:, which might be
better in a "visible" place(e.g. ~/Drive_C).
Though you can already configure that through winecfg to any path
you like.