Linux noob

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Jun 7 10:17:12 CDT 2006

> I'm annoyed that .wine is inaccessible through KDE and Gnome apps.

It is accessible all right. You just don't know how to get there.

> Not through the file manager, but often in various applications.

nope. Unless you're talking about some very broken applications that I didn't
come across yet.

> It's not wine's fault per se that those apps lack a "show hidden
> folders" option

KDE applications hopefully use KDE's open/save dialog, and there it's a matter
of pressing F8 to hide/unhide hidden files.

I'm sure Gnome has something similar, but I don't use it so I didn't bother
looking the key up.

I.e. no big deal.

Cheers, Kuba