notepad patches (search/replace, etc)

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Jun 10 10:52:50 CDT 2006

Friday, June 9, 2006, 11:49:44 AM, Anoni Moose wrote:
> Let's try again... I apologize for the bad indentation. It's indented fine in
> emacs, which I use; however, when I use "diff -u file1 file2", it gives me the
> entire file as a patch. Therefore, I must use "diff -uwB". Emacs must be screwing it up...

That will not work. Your patch look really bad with all types of indentation.
You need to use something that doesn't autoindent. Also please do not mix
spaces and tabs - you have that on each line and that's agreed NO-NO.
You either use tabs (8 spaces) or you use all spaces. But not tab & spaces on
the same line.

Vitaliy.