Recording with "Lexia" (mci "open new")

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 10 15:30:44 CDT 2006

Peter Åstrand wrote:

>> 1) I believe the mciwave.c patch below makes sense in any case, right?
>>
>>>    Without it freed memory is used.
>>

>> I don't see why ?
>

> wmw->openParms.lpstrElementName and filename is a pointer to the same
> memory, due to this statement in WAVE_mciOpen:
>
> memcpy(&wmw->openParms, lpOpenParms, sizeof(MCI_WAVE_OPEN_PARMSA));

actually not exactly as mciOpenFile is called with
lpOpenParms->lpstrElementName

but you're right that the code is wrong, as we're freeing the
lpstrElementName as passed by the calling program
the right fix would be to set wmw->openParms.lpstrElementName to NULL
after memcpy:ing lpOpenParams in mciOpen

A+