wined3d: GLSL Patch feedback requested

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 02:11:47 CDT 2006

On 13/06/06, Raphael <fenix at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> I only have one  question:
>  i see you have a cache to reuse prgid in set_glsl_shader_program but what
> happens if user/app change the shaders content (for example using
> SetFunction) ? your pre-compiled program will be correct ?
> (because i don't see any list cleanup in shaders function reset)
Good point :-)
I wonder if respecifying the source and recompiling the program is
worth it, or if we should just create a new shader object.

>  - It is correct to have GLSL binding code out of "if
> (useVertexShaderFunction)" block ?
It is, actually. If there's no shader in use, we need to tell GL to
use fixed function again. The glUseProgramObjectARB call takes care of
that. (programId is zero when no shaders are in use).