What is needed to get more sites with a winetest executable

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Tue Jun 13 03:50:15 CDT 2006

Am Montag, 12. Juni 2006 20:22 schrieb Paul Vriens:
> Hi,
>
> in the last months we've experienced several times that there was no
> winetest.exe available at the usual location
> (http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/) for several
> days/weeks. The reasons are sometimes known but in any case it's a
> Single Point Of Failure.
>
> What will it take to have multiple sites generating and hosting the
> winetest executable? Or do we already have this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
Hi,

not the answer to your question, but some thoughts about the topic.

As long as the automatic build of Paul Millar works, there is not reason to
have a second winetest binary for nearly the same git/cvs source of the
tests. One binary a day is enough. If you check http://test.winehq.org/data/
you will see that we miss often tests results for some windows platforms.

If building the winetest binary fails. Someone needs to look into the reason
anyway. In almost all cases its a missing import in a library the test ist
linked against. So first "our mingw environment" needs to be fixed. Just
running another automatic build will fail with the same error as the build of
Paul.

Its not hard for me to do the manual build. I just need some webspace to put
the stuff on. And i need to know what needs to be modified in the source
before the build (somehow the build date need to be patched into the source).
Also the question is how the new build is announce to the public (hope that
it si not the case that it appears on astro.gla.ac.uk).

Bye Stefan