What is needed to get more sites with a winetest executable

Paul Vriens paul.vriens at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 13 03:57:26 CDT 2006

> Am Montag, 12. Juni 2006 20:22 schrieb Paul Vriens:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the last months we've experienced several times that there was no
winetest.exe available at the usual location
>> (http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/) for several
days/weeks. The reasons are sometimes known but in any case it's a
Single Point Of Failure.

>> What will it take to have multiple sites generating and hosting the
winetest executable? Or do we already have this?

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.
> Hi,
>
> not the answer to your question, but some thoughts about the topic.
>
> As long as the automatic build of Paul Millar works, there is not reason to
> have a second winetest binary for nearly the same git/cvs source of the
tests. One binary a day is enough. If you check
> http://test.winehq.org/data/
> you will see that we miss often tests results for some windows platforms.
>
> If building the winetest binary fails. Someone needs to look into the
reason
> anyway. In almost all cases its a missing import in a library the test
ist linked against. So first "our mingw environment" needs to be fixed.
Just running another automatic build will fail with the same error as
the build of
> Paul.
>
> Its not hard for me to do the manual build. I just need some webspace to
put
> the stuff on. And i need to know what needs to be modified in the source
before the build (somehow the build date need to be patched into the
source).
> Also the question is how the new build is announce to the public (hope that
> it si not the case that it appears on astro.gla.ac.uk).
>
> Bye Stefan

Hi,

exactly my point. I know Paul Millar fixes stuff all the time by patches
of you I think and Hans Leidekker (and others). But he is only one person,
with of course a limited amount of time.

Maybe we should have a few sites generating the winebuild and using a
different path to publish stuff at test.winehq.org/data/[site]. We don't
want to mix the output of different executables in one view (apples and
pears).

Another thing what we could is just use a well-known-url for the
winetest.exe like we did with the Mozilla ActiveX component. This url
should of course point to the latest available on all site (don't know if
that's feasible).

Cheers,

Paul.