Broken FC5 packages - stay clear.

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Tue Jun 13 13:45:45 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 16:19, Brian Vincent wrote:

> "This package contains special color management for use with Wine by
> integrating with LittleCMS.  Most users will never need to even think
> of downloading this package.  If you're doing high-end graphics work
> using a commercial Windows package, you might want to consider using
> it."

That was true a couple of years ago maybe, we now live in the age of
digital cameras. I've seen it being used by a simple photoalbum app.

Secondly, this dll is shipped since Window 98, so many apps that use
it don't check for it's presence, which results in, well, needless pain.

Lastly, this dll is just over 100k stripped, wldap32 is 280k. Given the
risks mentioned above, is it really worth it to save such amounts of disk
space?

 -Hans