Parallels Virtualization Software does not work with Wine

Benjamin Arai me at benjaminarai.com
Thu Jun 15 11:54:40 CDT 2006

Hi,

Just a quick note to any body using VMware or the like for testing Wine, as
of Parallels version 2.1 Wine would not run under any guest operating system
that I tested (in all cases Wine caused a segmentation fault upon starting).
I was using Parallels (Host: Windows XP, Guest: Centos OS 4.3, Ubuntu 6.06,
and Fedora Core 5), none worked in Parallels and all worked running native.
I am pretty sure this is not a Wine problem, I think it is a trapping issue
on Parallels side.

Benjamin Arai
me at benjaminarai.com
http://www.benjaminarai.com <http://www.benjaminarai.com/>