msi: Cast the total memory to an unsigned int to avoid overflow in machines with more than 2Gb of RAM [resend]

Mike Hearn mike at
Thu Jun 15 13:22:55 CDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:04:41 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The existing code should work fine, and yours will return 0 for a 4Gb
> box... It sounds like the problem is in GlobalMemoryStatusEx.

IIRC this API has a quirk w.r.t large memory handling. I remember doing
something to this code a few years ago for this reason. The Ex version
simply fixes this bug, iirc, and adds no new features over the
non-extended version.

thanks -mike