Dogfood report: Firefox autoupdate works

Olaf Leidinger leidola at
Sun Jun 18 05:21:46 CDT 2006

> Oh yes, as newest GenuineCheck.exe crashes, newest
> WGAPluginInstall.exe may fail also.  For this
> reason I've put online older versions of both: [2]
> [1]
> [2]

Well, GenuineCheck.exe works for me on  wine-0.9.15 with a fresh wine install. I wanted to install MDAC, so I applied [3] as proposed by dan and downloaded it from [4]. This is where I had to pass the GenuineCheck and it workd just fine, even with a fresh wine install. Have a look at [5] as a proof *g*

cat >> $HOME/.wine/system.reg <<"_EOF_"

[Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer]