wine XShm problem on remote display

Benjamin Fabricius benjamin.fabricius at lawo.de
Mon Jun 19 08:04:16 CDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 14.06.2006, 13:40 +0100 schrieb Mike Hearn:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:22:17 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Wine will handle that error properly, but here it sounds like fst (or
> > more likely Gtk) has replaced the Wine error handler with its own, so
> > Wine doesn't get a chance to handle it.
>
> Yes, that's the GTK+ error handler. Benjamin, this is a bug in FreeST and
> you should report it to the developers there. Fixing this is not very
> difficult, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Hey,

Thanks for the help! I added an empty error handler and it seems as if
wine is now taking care of turning xshm off... just as it is supposed
to!

This would have taken me ages without your hint.. thanks!

A big thank you also to Alexandre Julliard who gave the me the same
advice.

Have a great day..

Cheers,
..Ben