ntoskrnl status

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Jun 19 19:28:36 CDT 2006

* On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Jaap Stolk wrote:
> I uninstalled and deleted my cvs wine, updated python and installed
> git, and completed "Cloning the Wine GIT repository". I had a little
> peek at the patch by renaming it to .bz2, but how do I add this patch
> to to my local wine copy, using git ?

I'd make some experimental branch or "master" or defined commit, then
patch it with given diff, and commit the changes under single name.

> http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine seems to be more oriented at making
> patches, not importing a patch made by someone else.

$ bunzip2 --keep origin_sd1.diff.bz2
$ git branch ntoskrnl 1d40bf0141b7f67b1188555962698f5dab631bc3
$ git branch
$ git checkout ntoskrnl
$ git branch
$ cat origin_sd1.diff | patch -p1
$ tools/make_requests
$ git commit -a -m "ntoskrnl: Experimental implementation."
  # recompile Wine
$ ./configure && make depend && make && tools/wineprefixcreate --use-wine-tree .
  # below goes your experiments
$ ...
  # and here we go back to the normal tree
$ git checkout master
  # recompile Wine
$ ./configure && make depend && make && tools/wineprefixcreate --use-wine-tree .
  # and do our stuff
$ ...