Wine developers?

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Fri Jun 23 10:51:28 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 21:24, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 11:41:32 AM, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 07:27:28PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> >> I wouldn't necessarily judge the whole list by just two negative
> >> reactions. It's interesting to see that with my wine experience there
> >> might be jobs out there working on something similar. (Not that I'm
> >> interested right now, I'm still at university...)
> >>
> >> I'm sure you're aware that in every open source project, there's people
> >> who oppose commercial software development for philosophical reasons.
> >
> > "proprietary" please, not "commercial". HUGE difference.
>
> I was talking more about nature of the job. I'm sure that lots of Wine code
> can "leak" into commercial product and wise versa.

What's worse is that it already DID happen, ane the party involved didn't
think much of it (remember Poject David?) But this has little to do with the
matter at hand.

I doubt that Thinstall would really want to do anything illegal -- this woul,d
ruin their reputation, and would likely expose them to a copyright
lawsuit(s). We can only level accusations after they do wrong. Why should we
a priori think of them as guilty?

I think that while Vitaliy has some firm moral (and otherwise) viewpoints, the
Thinstall bashing of his was a bit much.

C'mon, they just politely asked if anyone is interested in a job. What's wrong
with that? If I were looking for winapi hackers, I'd ask here myself. Jeez.

Cheers, Kuba