How do I get the unix filename for a wine handle?

Christoph Probst chris-usenet at netzpunkt.org
Sat Jun 24 06:06:17 CDT 2006

Hi.

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> You can't do that in general. In Unix a file can have multiple names,
> or even none at all, there's simply no way to get a filename from a
> handle. On Linux you can use /proc/self/fd but that's not very
> portable.

So what do you think about the solution that the wineserver stores the
filename in the file object when the object is created?

Just like wine_server_handle_to_fd() there would be a
wine_server_handle_to_filename() that returns the filename.

Any objections to this?

Chris

--
Kontakt-Details: http://www.christoph-probst.com/kontakt/
PGP-FP: B171 7EA4 988C DD90 1601  D21C 5279 2FAF 9978 AF86